Which standards regulate F-gas safety?
Two standards are applied to cover the safety regulations of refrigerants:
- Toxicity (A or B): covered by the generic standard on refrigerants EN378:2016.
- Flammability (1, 2L, 2, 3): covered by the specific heat pump standard IEC60335-2-40 (Ed. 6) as it prevails over EN378:2016
With Shîrudo Technology Daikin tackles the IEC requirements, by providing all needed refrigerant control measures from the factory.
This means there is no need for time consuming studies or field supplied equipment, making VRV 5 very flexible to design and quick to install.
For stress free design of any commercial building, validate your project in our Xpress software, featuring floor plan integration.
How Shîrudo Technology works
Shîrudo Technology provides refrigerant control measures from the factory, meaning the VRV 5 system is equipped with sensors, shut off valves, and an alarm, which are third party CB certificatied by a notified body (SGS CEBEC).
- Integrated sensors to detect refrigerant leak
- Integrated alarm
- Shut-off valves
Integrated sensors to detect refrigerant leak
- Integrated in every indoor unit
- Self-monitoring, detects even the smallest refrigerant leak
- Automatically activates refrigerant response measures: an alarm and shut off valves
- Local visual and audible alarm integrated in Madoka wired remote control
- An additional supervisor alarm can be integrated via:
- A field setting on the Madoka controller
- An input signal that triggers a 3rd party alarm
To ensure compliance to IEC60335-2-40 for even the smallest rooms shut off valves are provided.
Depending on the system, these are either integrated in the outdoor unit or (BS)SV box. In case of a leak the refrigerant is either pumped back to the outdoor unit or specific branches are closed to contain the leak and minimize the refrigerant that can leak.
Shîrudo Technology in detail
VRV 5 Heat recovery
VRV 5 Heat Pump and S-series 8-10-12
VRV 5 S-series (4-5-6)
Find out more about VRV 5
Find out the details about the different F-gas safety standards below
F-gas safety standards overviewPDF | 942.03KB
Variable Refrigerant Temperature
Daikin expands circular economy programme: VRV units with reclaimed refrigerant now available across Europe
The Green Deal is the EU’s ‘man-on-the-moon moment’: here’s why we need heat pumps to make it happen